Slack Certified Consultant Exam Guide
It’s great to hear that you’re considering becoming a Slack Certified Consultant! This certification is aimed at those who have experience in overseeing software implementation projects for clients. If you achieve this certification, it will demonstrate your ability to create and implement a Slack experience, particularly with Slack Enterprise Grid.
Getting certified means you’ll be able to showcase your expertise in assisting clients with their Slack rollout. It also reflects your understanding of Slack’s capabilities and how to leverage them to craft a user-friendly, enjoyable, and efficient experience for your clients.
Preparing for the Slack Certified Consultant exam
If you’re aiming to become a Slack Certified Consultant, it’s important to have the right knowledge and skills for implementing Slack effectively. Ideally, you should have at least a year of hands-on experience as a Slack Consultant, particularly with Slack Enterprise Grid plans.
This certification is designed to enhance your abilities and confirm your expertise as a Slack Consultant.
It’s beneficial if you already have a good understanding of various roles such as:
- Implementation Consultant
- Services Consultant
- Engagement Manager
- Enablement Consultant
- Services Specialist
- Project Manager
- Business Consultants and Analysts
- Management Consultant
- Experience Architect
- Change Management Consultant
- Experience Consultant
- System Implementation (SI) Partner
- Learning Consultant
Once you achieve this certification, you’ll be well-equipped to advise clients and tailor Slack solutions to boost their collaboration, productivity, engagement, and adaptability.
As a Slack Certified Consultant, your role will involve:
- Understanding clients’ business needs and challenges.
- Customizing Slack solutions based on these requirements.
- Assisting with and managing Slack’s launch, including migration planning and governance.
- Providing ongoing support after launch, such as creating and recommending training and enablement plans for users.
Your expertise will ensure you can meet clients’ business needs in a way that is sustainable, scalable, and fosters their long-term success.
About the exam
The exam is conducted online with a proctor overseeing it. It’s a chance for you to showcase your expertise and knowledge in Slack consultancy.
- Exam Format: The exam consists of up to 60 questions, which can be either multiple choice or multiple-select.
- Scoring Process: The exam concludes as soon as you reach either a passing or failing score. This means you might not need to answer all 60 questions.
- Time Limit: You have up to 90 minutes to complete the exam. However, like the scoring, the exam will end immediately once you’ve definitively passed or failed, so you may not use the entire 90 minutes.
- Passing Score: To pass the exam, you need to score at least 66%.
- Registration Fee: The cost to register for the exam is USD $100.
- Retake Policy: If you initially took the exam using a voucher, you are not eligible for a free or discounted retake.
- Delivery Method: The exam is delivered online with proctoring.
- Expiration: You must take the exam within six months of purchase.
- Languages: The exam is available in English.
+ Delivery and Migration (17%)
- Understand Slack delivery best practices.
- Define roles and responsibilities between Slack, Partner, and client on an engagement.
- Understand the end to end migration process and gain ability to lead client migrations.
- Plan and complete pre-migration activities (scheduling, user clean up, comms, etc.).
- Execute a migration (migration status, migration issues, coordination with the client and Slack).
+ Discovery (10%)
- Articulate the value of Slack.
- Research background information on the client’s organization and the ways they are currently working.
- Ask thoughtful questions about existing Slack experience and future goals.
- Finalize vision statement and success metrics for engaging Slack Services.
- Ask thoughtful questions about existing Slack security and policies as well as desired future state.
+ Grid Design (15%)
- Leverage discovery outputs to inform initial grid design recommendations.
- Understand grid design best practices
- Design and articulate feasible grid design options for your client.
- Support grid design final sign-off.
+ Policies and Settings (22%)
- Enable org and workspaces stakeholders to align and agree on settings.
- Understand the administrative roles within Slack and their permissions for Slack settings.
- Enable Org and Workspace Owners to use analytics dashboard.
- Provide guidance and requisite setup of identity management settings in Slack.
- Guide clients through key org level security settings.
- Understand Slack compliance capabilities.
- Recommend launch configuration for clients’ channel management settings.
- Explain Slack Connect configuration settings for your client’s needs.
- Provide guidance on app approval and the recommended settings.
+ Channel Strategy (10%)
- Articulate channel basics and best practices.
- Educate client on the purpose and importance of a channel naming convention.
- Introduce Slack use cases to client.
- Educate client on Slack workflows (onboarding workflow, stand up workflow).
+ Governance Structure (Owner and Admin Roles) (8%)
- Identify the governance team and help assign roles.
- Facilitate admin support model discussions (for example: request/help/approvals process flows).
- Based on a client scenario, identify and advise on critical admin processes and workflows that can be migrated to Slack.
+ Learning and Enablement (18%)
- Provide an overview of the Slack experiential learning approach.
- Design a tailored curriculum and create a learning plan for the client’s admins.
- Design a tailored curriculum and create a learning plan for client’s users.
- Create learning materials to support Slack learning curriculum.
- Prepare an experiential learning environment for live formats.
- Facilitate and execute Slack learning curriculum.
- Troubleshoot common Slack issues for users.
- Recommend a Slack rollout communication plan and enable the client to execute the plan.
Exam candidate code of conduct
Identification Requirement: You must present a valid, government-issued photo ID before starting the exam. Make sure your ID is not expired and the name on it matches the name you used to register for the exam.
Preparation Materials: You’re encouraged to review the exam guide and prep course materials. However, remember to put these materials away before you start the exam.
System Checks: Complete any necessary system checks in advance of taking your online exam.
Technical Setup: Ensure you have a reliable device equipped with a webcam and microphone, and a strong internet connection.
Scheduling the Exam: Try to schedule your exam at least one week in advance. To avoid additional fees, do not schedule your exam less than 24 hours before the desired time.
Compliance with Technical Requirements: Make sure you have read and can comply with all the technical requirements for the exam. These requirements are detailed on the Examity test-taker FAQs page.
When you enroll in the Slack certification exam, it’s essential to understand and agree to the following guidelines. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your exam being reviewed for potential violations.
What You Should Do:
Mobile Phone Usage: Place your phone on silent and keep it, along with other personal items, out of reach during the exam. You may only use your phone for customer support if the chat feature is not working.
Camera Visibility: Stay within the camera’s view throughout the exam.
Stay Informed: Be aware that product and content updates may occur while you prepare for the exam. Slack updates exam content biannually, so check slackcertified.com for any updates.
What You Should Not Do:
No Personal Items: Do not use or access personal items, including phones, tablets, other electronics, writing tools, paper, or notes. The exam is strictly closed-book and closed-notes.
Stay in View: Do not leave the camera’s view or allow others to enter the camera’s view during the exam.
No Sharing Information: Do not share or discuss exam questions before, during, or after the exam.
No Recording: Do not take screenshots, pictures, notes, or use any recording devices during the exam.
No Impersonation: Taking the exam for someone else or having someone take it for you is not allowed.
Consequences for Violations:
- If there’s suspicion of misconduct or actions compromising the exam’s integrity, your exam may be terminated.
- Your exam results and/or certification status could be revoked.
By registering for the exam or participating in any Slack programs, you indicate your agreement with the terms and conditions in the Participant Agreement and Customer Agreement. It’s crucial to adhere to these rules to maintain the exam’s integrity and fairness.
Exam retake policy
Voucher Users: If you received an exam voucher, you’re not eligible for free or discounted retakes. You can retake the exam at the standard price.
Free Retake for Non-Passers: If you don’t pass on your first try, you’re eligible for one free retake.
Waiting Periods for Retakes:
- After the first failed attempt: wait 24 hours before registering again.
- After the second failed attempt: wait 14 days before the next try.
- After the third (or any subsequent) failed attempt: wait 28 days before re-registering.
Time Limit for Retake: You have three months to retake the exam after re-enrollment.
Retake Exemptions (due to Technical Issues):
If you encounter technical, internet, hardware, or software issues during your exam, contact the Examity team to reschedule.
Exam Reschedule Policy:
- Avoiding Late Fees: Reschedule or cancel your exam at least 24 hours before the scheduled time to avoid late fees.
- Late Changes: If you cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of the exam, you’ll be responsible for any late fees.
Cancellation Refund Policy:
- Full Refund: Cancel at least two business days before your exam for a full refund.
- Refund for Unscheduled Exams: If you paid but didn’t schedule your exam, contact us for a full refund within your exam period.
Maintaining Your Certification:
- Recertification Timing: You can recertify up to six months before your certification expires.
- Certification Validity: Certifications last for 24 months from the date you pass your exam.
- Expiration Date: Find your certification expiration date on your certificate of completion.